We Install and Service Across South-Western Ontario.
Call us today for a free consultation:
Toll free: 1.855.973.2273
“A commitment to Conservation Leadership built upon the respect for our environment and local community.”
Door Care recognizes that climate change is one of the most serious environmental and economic challenges facing the world today and that mitigating its effects must be one of the top priorities of every business.
It is estimated that Canadians produce a total of more than 31 million tonnes of household waste each year. It's up to each of us, as individuals and businesses to make responsible choices that will minimize the negative impact to our environment and natural resources, and choices that will positively affect the results of climate change.
To that end, Door Care is committed to making a positive impact on the environment in all aspects of our business. The company strives to provide a safe and healthy work place for employees, protecting the environment through the adoption of our 3-R policy and to conserving energy and natural resources as much as possible.
Thoughtful Consideration Of Our Environment
At Door Care we strive to:
• Provide a safe and healthy workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained in the aspects of their daily work;
• Be an environmentally responsible partner in the communities where we operate, and act promptly and responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment.
• Conserve natural resources by reusing and recycling materials, purchasing recycled materials, and using recyclable packaging and other materials.
• Partner with organizations that have adopted their own environmental policies and manufacturing processes that do not adversely affect the environment, including developing and improving operations and technologies to minimize waste, prevent air, water, and other pollution, minimize health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
• Promote and sell products that are safe for their intended use, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and that can be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
• Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
• Pursue pollution prevention, energy conservation and waste reduction in our daily business and operations.
Our 3-R Policy (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle):
• Order materials and supplies in bulk to minimize packaging and carbon footprint by reducing the frequency of deliveries and fuel to make those deliveries; adopting a “no idle” policy of vehicles.
• Minimize printing and use of paper stationary products by completing business transactions electronically or over the internet.
• Promoting products that incorporate recycled materials.(http://haasdoor.com/about/commitment.html)
• Where feasible, salvaging and re-using parts for service calls of older doors and openers;
• Recycling of metal items such as sectional door panels, hinges, tracks, drums and shafts of de-installed doors with a local metal recycler;
• Recycling PCB’s and electronic components of electric openers with a local electronics recycling firm. Metal casings and opener tracks are recycled with a local metal recycler.
• Where possible, glass materials are recycled at the local landfill site.
• Recycling cardboard and other packaging materials at the local landfill site.
At Door Care we are committed to building a healthier environment and community by opening one door at a time…..
We install and service across south-western Ontario.
Please contact us
to get started.
26 Alexander Ave.
Toll free: 1.855.973.2273
Toll free Fax: 1.855.820.2273